Designed with real homes in mind, the Caterthun 8 can cope with larger rooms, but is still happy in near-field conditions, eg 3m x 3m. They display tighter and more accurate midrange, fuller bass and higher sensitivity. As a result, imaging is improved and soundstage expanded.
Made in Britain by hand, the groundbreaking Caterthun 8’s design goals were greater bass extension, high-end resolution and sensitivity.
The performance advantages wrought by the massive increase in acoustic-induction volume coupled to the largest drive unit we have ever considered for domestic use include…
- “iron-like grip”
- “vice-like control”
- “acoustically invisible”
Overhead Expansion Chamber to reduce over-all resonant frequency of the Acoustic Induction system.
Sharp edges and corners to reduce acoustic coronal effects, such as Incidental Waves and blurred stereo imagery.
Precision machined Trim Ring to prevent Incidental Waves and tighten stereo imagery
Mounting points for our custom-made loudspeaker stands.
Only air-core coils and non-electrolytic capacitors used in both bass and treble sections.
Solutions to massively reduce cross/mutual inductance of cross-over components.
Our Caterthun 8 loudspeakers are fitted with bi-wireable 4mm gold connections for convenience and wide compatibility and are currently available in classic English Oak, Bird’s Eye Maple, Macassar Ebony and Rosewood.
- Power Handling: 300 W (200 W RMS)
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Minimum Impedance: 8 Ohms.
- W x H x D: 250 x 450 x 300 mm
- Weight: 20 Kg per cabinet
- Frequency Response: All of it
- Crossover Frequency: Invisible
- Bi-wireable: Yes
- Connections: 4mm Gold
- Bass Port: Front Reflex
- Drivers: LF 20cm Bass Mid / HF 20mm Soft Dome
- Finish: Range of oiled, real wood veneers
- Optional Extras: Cat8 Loudspeaker Stand in Black, or contact us
- Recommended Placement: 10 – 15 cm from rear wall
- Recommended Stand Height: 40 – 50 cm
- Shipping Weight: 25 Kg per loudspeaker, packed