Designed with real homes in mind, the Caterthuns exude confident authority. Our discreet, classic design puts the attention firmly on the sound.
Our speakers are fitted with bi-wireable 4mm gold connections for convenience and wide compatibility.
Other features include;
An ‘Over-head Expansion Chamber’ to reduce over-all resonant frequency of the Acoustic Induction system.
Sharp edges and corners to reduce ‘Acoustic Corona’ effects, such as Incidental Waves and blurred stereo imagery.
Precision machined Trim Ring to prevent Incidental Waves in the important mid-range region, and tighten stereo imagery
Mounting points for our custom-made loudspeaker stands.
Only air-core coils and non-electrolytic capacitors used in both bass and treble sections.
Solutions to massively reduce cross-/mutual-inductance of cross-over components.
The Caterthun range of loudspeakers is available in classic English Oak, Bird’s Eye Maple, Macassar Ebony and Rosewood.
You can find independent reviews here and listen to the Caterthun’s at various UK retailers or buy direct here. Of course, you can also contact us directly and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Read more about Alacrity Audio’s Acoustic Induction technology.
- Power Handling: 200 W (110 WRMS)
- Sensitivity: 88 dB
- Minimum Impedance: 8 Ohms.
- W x H x D: 205 x 415 x 250 mm
- Weight: 10 Kg per cabinet
- Frequency Response: Dynamic
- Crossover Frequency: Invisible
- Bi-wireable: Yes
- Connections: 4mm Gold
- Bass Port: Front Reflex
- Drivers: LF 17cm Bass Mid / HF 20mm Soft Dome
- Finish: Range of oiled, real wood veneers
- Optional Extras: Custom stand in Black
- Recommended Placement: 10 – 15 cm from rear wall
- Recommended Stand Height: 50 – 60 cm
- Shipping Weight: 25 Kg per pair, packed